Clubs and Organizations
Ages: 5 - 11
4-H stands for Head, Heart, Hands and Health. 4-H Capital began in 1992 and was adopted in Travis County in 1997. Through Americorps funding and volunteers, 4-H Capital has grown from one school to 30.
To reduce the risk of school failure and school dropout by increasing science and literacy skills while promoting healthy growth and development.
4-H Capital Provides:
- High quality after-school enrichment programs that focu...
Ages: 6 - 14+
The mission of the Boys and Girls Club of the Austin area is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need them most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. By engaging kids in five core areas, The Boys and Girls Club of Austin ultimately wants to light a spark or strike a chord with young people so that they will see all of life's possibilities.
The Five Core Areas Include:...more»
Ages: 7 - 14+
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
The Capital Area Council was establised in 1912 and has grown over time to support Scouting programs in 15 Central Texas counties.
- Cub Scouts-boys who have completed kindergarten but have not completed the fifth grade
- Boy Scouts-boys who...
Ages: 10 and up
GENaustin, Girls Empowerment Network of Austin, is a non-profit organization in Austin, Texas aimed at supporting girls in 4th-12 grades.
To support and guide girls to make wise choices as they navigate the unique pressures of girlhood.
- Critical Thinking and Workforce Development Skills
- Research-based Prevention Programs
- clubGEN-a reserach-based after school program for middle sc...
Ages: 5 - 14+
The Girl Scouts of Central Texas gives girls the chance to develop a strong sense of self and a personalized leadership style.
The Three Keys to Leadership:
- Discover-Girls understand themselves and their values and use their knowledge and skills to explore the world around them
- Connect-Girls care about, inspire and team with others locally and globally
- Take Action-Girls act to make the world a better place
All Girl Scout programs incor...more»
Ages: 5 - 14+
GirlStart provides a year-round, intensive suite of STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Education programs for K-12 girls. Their core programs foster STEM skills development and an understanding of the importance of STEM in facing the world's challenges in the future, as well as an interest in STEM electives, major and careers.
The Programs include:
- Girlstart Afterschool
- Girlstart Summer Camp
- Girls in STEM conference
- Don’t see what you're looking for?
- Submit a Listing