The Blanton Museum of Art
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: Thursdays are FREE to the public;Children 12 and under FREE;Current UT faculty/students/staff,Blanton members,and active duty military FREE;adults $9, seniors(65+) $7, college students w/valid id $5;youth(13-21) $5
Parking: Yes - Brazos Garage and Trinity Garage for $3 if you present your ticket and pay at the museum's visitor services desk;street and meter parking also available
Features: Shop, Handicap Accessible, Snack Stand, Changing Tables, Restrooms
The Blanton Museum of Art at The University of Texas at Austin is one of the foremost university art museums in the country, and has the largest, most comprehensive collection of art in Central Texas. With a collection of more than 17,000 works, The Blanton is recognized for it's European paintings, an encyclopedic collection of prints and drawings, and modern and contemporary American and Latin American art. The museum offers public programs, educational programs and programs for families so there is something for everyone. When you are done exploring the museum, you can sit down for a nice lunch at the cafe, which has a variety of pizzas, salads, desserts, coffee and smoothies or do some shopping at the
The museum is conveniently located at Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and Congress Avenue across the street from The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and adjacent to downtown Austin.
Hours of Operation:
Thursday 10am-5pm(open until 9pm on Third Thursdays)
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day and July 4th
Helpful Hints for Families:
- changing tables located in all restrooms(no restrooms on the 2nd floor)
- all bags larger than 11"x15" must be put into a locker. Lockers require quarters which is refunded when the locker is emptied. The visitor services desk has quarters you can use.
- No baby backpacks or double strollers, please. Soft frontpacks and single child strollers are allowed in the museum. All others must be left in the checkroom/locker. A limited number of singe child strollers is available at the visitor services desk.
- snacks, drinks and toys must be put in a locker to protect the collections.
- Nursing mothers may use The Blanton's eLounge or the East Rotunda for a quiet place to sit.
PLEASE NOTE:SOME MATERIAL IN THE MUSEUM IS OF AN ADULT NATURE. THE VISITOR SERVICES DESK CAN PROVIDE FUTHER INFORMATION ABOUT ADULT CONTENT IN THE GALLERIES IF YOU ARE VISITING WITH SMALL CHILDREN.