Burnet Bluebonnet Festival
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: Free - Festival is free. Carnival vouchers available for purchase.
Features: Handicap Accessible, Snack Stand, Shop, Portable Restrooms
April 12-14, 2013
Burnet is considered one of the best places in town to view Texas wildflowers. In 1981 the Texas State Legislature declared Burnet the "Bluebonnet Capital of Texas" and the Bluebonnet Festival was born. Always taking place on the second weekend in April, the Bluebonnet Festival draws crowds of 30,000 each year to the Burnet Historic Square.
- Bluebonnet Scholarship Pageant
- Burnet Bulletin Pet Parade
- Grand Parade
- Texas Farm Bureau Insurance 5K & 10K
- Mighty Thomas Carnival
- Arts & Crafts Vendors
- Live Music
- Children's Activities
- Bicycle decorating contest
- sack races, dashes & other friendly competitions
- Parents Night Out
- food court and much more!
Make a day of it with a ride on the Austin Steam Train to the festival. The festivities are in walking distance to the train.