Austin City Limits Music Festival
Ages: 0 and up
Cost: ticket prices vary;visit website for details
Parking: Yes - No parking at festival site. Parking available at One Texas Center, Palmer Events Center and other area parking garages. Capital Metro shuttles running as well. See website for details and best parking options.
Features: Handicap Accessible, Snack Stand, Portable Restrooms, Shop, Changing Tables
October 4-6 & 11-13 2013 |
Austin City Limits Music Festival is an annual, 3 day event held in Austin, Texas at Zilker Park. Starting in 2013, the events will take place over 2-3 day weekends. It's a large event, attracting tens of thousands to Austin. It hosts over 130 bands on 8 stages. But you will find more than just music at the ACL Music Festival. You will find some of Austin's tastiest food, art by some of Austin's most talented artists and activities to enjoy between shows. Despite it's large size the ACL Music Festival can be a fun event for the whole family with a little planning.
Austin Kiddie Limits is a family-friendly, enclosed area of the park. Stop by for activities and music for kids of all ages and their parents. Kids 10 and under get in free with a ticket holding adult.
Activities at Austin Kiddie Limits include:
- Rock Star Video Karaoke
- School of Rock Jam Tent-hear performances and learn about instruments
- Hip Hop Workshop-The Q Brothers will teach you how to scratch, beatbox and rhyme
- Drumzone-drum workshops with Michael Marcionetti
- Action Painting with Abrakadoodle-splatter and throw paint to create a masterpiece
- Rock'n magnets-make your own with Cafe Monet
- Rock star hairdos
- Hip Tattoos by Kati Hammett
- Baby Changing Station-changing tables and some essentials in case your forgot your own sponsored by NurturMe
Austin Kiddie Limits Hours:
- Stop By the Tag-A-Kid Booth and get your child a wristband should the two of you get seperated
- Aerosols of any kind are not allowed, including sunscreen. So bring sticks or creams.
- Strollers are allowed but can be difficult to maneuver through the crowds. However, there is considerable ground to cover between stages so depending on the ages of your child you may want to bring one anyway.
- If you don't want the hassle of a stroller, you can bring a soft(unframed) front or back carrier.
- Bring an empty Camelback bottle, plastic bottle or aluminum water bottle and refill for FREE all day to keep yourself and your children hydrated. You may also bring 2 factory sealed water bottles up to 1 liter each.
- Bring cash if possible. There are ATM's but there are often long lines.